Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Beginning



       At the time of this writing, I am 48 years old and falling apart. Actually, I’ve been falling apart and now I’m trying to pick up some of the pieces and make it all right again. Needless to say, it isn’t easy, but I’m determined to make it work. I’m not sure if my mid-life crisis is caused by my health or the other way around. Either way, my wife says I can’t replace her with two eighteen-year-olds, so I’m stuck with learning some new things and trying to share them with the world. (The world of middle-aged people anyway.) Let the younger generation learn from my mistakes if they desire, but I don’t plan on directing any of my posts toward them.
            To begin with, here’s a list of ailments I suffer from:
                        Type II Diabetes
                        High Blood Pressure
                        Stenosis, arthritis, and bulging discs in my back
                        Plantar fasciitis (which I had to use spell check to spell correctly)
                        Depression
                        Attention Deficit Disorder (since childhood)
                        Obesity (apparently a national epidemic)
                        Diastasis recti (bulging stomach, like a football in my gut)
                        High cholesterol
                       (I'd mention my hemorrhoids, but I don't want to gross anyone out on the first post.)

            I know a lot of people have these same problems, or more, and it’s to these people I’m reaching out. I don’t have all the answers, but I do have the internet and a great desire to find out why I’m falling apart. Everything I offer can be found in other places, but I’m hoping to provide a simple resource for those of us struggling to stay alive when we’ve kind of lost interest.
            With all that in mind, I would like to take one idea at a time and offer some thoughts about it that may make a difference in someone’s life. I know it’s hard to rummage through all the garbage that’s out there and even harder to find the truth. As Agent Mulder would say, however, “The truth is out there.” 
           I hope you'll continue reading and learn with me as I go. Remember I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV, and have no intention of getting more student loans just to make myself more believable. Therefore, I'm not responsible for anything good or bad that happens to you after reading my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment